Monday, October 31, 2011

September Craft: (A little late) Felt Craspedia

I love craspedia, and you see them every where now.  Of course like everything, when I'm looking for them I can never find them.  I found this DIY on Design Sponge and knew I had to make them.  I'll be honest, my tutorial on how to do them is not very good.  It was very hard to roll balls and take pictures at the same time.  So definetly follow the link and check out the detailed instructions.  It is a lot easier than it seems. It's all about the rolling. 




You will need:
*Felt Roving, mustard yellow color
*Cloth covered stem wire
*Soap
*2 containers of water, one very HOT and one very COLD
*Wire Cutters

Remember to refer to Design Sponge for detailed step by step

Step 1: Tear off a piece of wool roving. It doesn't have to be perfect and it will shrink a lot.

Step 2: Put a small pinch (very small, trust me) of soap onto your hands and rub a bit into the felt.

Step 3: Roughly shape into a ball shape and quickly dunk into the HOT water. You don't want to drench it.

Step 4: Continue to roll felt in your hands as you would a clay ball.  Then dunk into cold water (you can really dunk it this time) and continue to roll.  Continue this process until you have desired shape and all of the soap is out.

Step 5: Allow your balls to dry, about 24-48 hours
Step 6: Carefully twist felt craspedia onto floral wire

Step 7: Cut to desired length with wire cutters

Find them a home and enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...