Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

I know, terrible picture, but I never said I was a photographer!
We celebrated my brother's birthday on sunday and I had asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make him. He said "carrot cake, with cream cheese frosting", and I said "done little brother"! I found a great recipe on Not Without Salt, and loving everything she makes I decided to try it. It was awesome! I mean really who doesn't like a cup cake. Happy early birthday Devin, hope you loved your cup cakes!


Carrot Cake

1 1/2 cup grated carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup toasted and roughly chopped pecans
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Combine eggs, oil and vanilla. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices. Add dry to wet. Stir until just combined then fold in carrots, pineapple and nuts.
Bake 350* approx. 30 min. Until cake a toothpick comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Frosting

10 oz (room-temp) Cream Cheese
5 oz Mascarpone
2 tbl. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Cinnamon
Mix until combined and super fluffy.
Recipe via Not Without Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...