Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekend FUN!

We had so much fun this past weekend spending time with friends, relaxing, crafting, seeing one of our favorite bands, and celebrating Valentine's day! I fell so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life, I am truly blessed! Here's our weekend in pictures...
Friday night after work we meet up with the Snelson family for sushi date night.  We love U & I Sushi so much and being on a budget the last couple of years we don't go there nearly as much as we use to (seriously I could eat there every night). We had fun talking and stuffing ourselves silly!  We are so lucky to have such great friends like the Snelson's,  spending time with them is always the best!  And sweet Charlotte with her rosy cheeks was such a trooper to put up with all the adult time! She seriously is the cutest! 

Saturday I worked all day and it was so nice to have a relaxing quiet night after a busy weekend.  We ate BBQ, treated ourselves to Yogurtland, I did my February craft, we listened to Tom Waits and had a couple cocktails with good late night conversation!

Sunday was a beautiful day! We slept in, got bagels, and I spent the afternoon at a friends baby shower.

We met Matt and Molly (Yes it was a Snelson filled weekend and we loved it), and headed down to San Diego to see one of our favorite bands, The Decemberists. The sunset was amazing for our drive.

We stopped for dinner at The Corvette Diner.  It's one of those old 50's diners where all you order is a burger and shake, the waitress is crazy over the top, and it's always packed.  It was awesome! We played a couple rounds of skee ball while waiting for our table and walked around the arcade.  Molly and I often joke that we are married to the same man, they are big dorks, wear flannel, and laugh at there own jokes, we love them! You can only imagine the hysterics we are in when we all spend time together!  We ordered milkshakes, and burgers and cracked up at our waitress, she was crazy! Funny but CRAZY! We finished dinner and headed to the House of Blues for the show!

I love going to shows! We use to go to shows all the time and I really miss it.  It had been too long since my last concert and it was awesome to go to one after so long and see one of my favorite bands! The Decemberists always put on such a great show and their new album is AMAZING! It was such a great night!

Valentine's morning we showered each other in cheesy cards and drug store chocolate, it was great! We got dressed and went to one of our favorite breakfast spots "The Original Pancake House".  It reminds me very much of my first job,  a good breakfast place with tons of old people, an overwhelming smell of coffee and a fast pace.  I had my favorite there, crepes, and Brad his, a Dutch Baby.  We enjoyed our breakfast and people watched,  it was a perfect way to start the day!

After breakfast we swung back home, changed, grabbed the dog, and headed to my parents house to spoil my Mom and pick up my brother.  The weather was amazing and we headed up the Ortegas to the Cleveland National Forrest to do one of our favorite hikes. It's so pretty and green up there and I love this trail soo much and it was great to be out enjoying our February sunshine!  After a few hours of hiking and stopping to take in the view we finished and headed back down the mountain.  We dropped off my brother and headed home for a nice quiet Valentine's night.  I made a fantastic dinner and we watched The Fighter and 127 hours.  I am so lucky to be married to the love of my life and my best friend in the world.  It's not always perfect and thats what makes it so perfect.  We had a wonderful weekend and I hope you did to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...